The beautiful ladies of Honey Shine, Inc. are called Honey Bugs.
A Honey Bug is:
- Young ladies between the ages of 8 and 18
- Bright, young girls from economically and socially challenged communities
- A representation of the ethnic and racial diversity in South Florida
- Someone who seeks confidence, empowerment, and knowledge
- Open to growing outside her comfort zone and exploring a world that is greater than the one she knows
- Openly expressive with her individuality
- Young ladies who “Aspire to Shine”
Aspire to Shine
The “Aspire to Shine” workshops offered to the girls in the program, which are affectionately called “Honey Bugs”, address life-skill lessons and educational experiences that involve: health, nutrition, sex and drug education; career mapping and education; visits to South Florida attractions outside of their own communities; character development of self-respect and self-esteem; financial literacy; journaling, self-exploration and expression.
Contact Honey Shine,Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305.854.2444 for more information.
Since 2002, Honey Shine has shaped the lives of hundreds of girls from Miami’s under served communities.
- 100% of all active Honey Bug Seniors have graduated from high school
- 100% of all program participants have been exposed to new concepts, ideas, or activities
- 100% of juniors and seniors have participated in college/career activities (i.e. college tours, vocational program tours, financial aid workshops, scholarship workshops, etc).
- 100% of all program participants have participated in positive social skills workshops
- 70% of parents have participated in empowerment workshops
- 87% of mentees re-enroll in Honey Shine for multiple years
- 60% increase in Academic Performance
- 13% Annual Growth