The “Aspire to Shine” After School mentoring meetings are held once or twice a week, between the months of September and May, on the day designated by the school principal. During these mentoring sessions, girls in the 3rd and 4th grades receive academic support and participate in empowerment activities that mirror the “Aspire to Shine” Workshop curriculum.
Participants are selected by the school principal based on need and desire to benefit from the educational activities and core principals of Honey Shine, Inc. As a participant of this program, each student receives the following:
• Instructional support and social enhancement mentoring
• Honey Shine T-Shirt to wear on program days
• Honey Shine journals and pencils
• Healthy snacks during meetings
• The opportunity to apply for the primary Honey Shine annual mentoring program and summer camp